Monday, February 13, 2012

Italian Blood Orange Salad

Blood oranges have a very short season. On this rainy night I was looking for a little ray of sunshine so I came up with this, a tweaked version of a Sicilian salad. Try it for a side dish with seafood which is what I'm doing this evening....ciao bella!

3 blood oranges pealed and broken into segments
1/4 minced fresh mint
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
Drizzle of fruity extra version olive oil
Drizzle of champagne or white vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Simply toss all ingredients together and and let set for about 30 and enjoy!
The Forneys will be enjoying this with salmon and a brown rice/mushroom pilaf tonight

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback...keep it coming it always makes my day.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to make this salad...looks great, too. Your photog skills, among other things, are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete