Sunday, February 26, 2012

Italian Peasant Salad

Prepping a little salad for the Oscars to go with an already prepared flatbread with mushrooms, Emmental and Parmesan cheese. Somebody pour me some wine while I slip on my stilettos!
Ciao Bella

1 package mini heirloom organic tomatoes cut in half
4 small cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup fresh basil, leaves rolled tight and cut into small strips aka "chiffonade"
1/3 cup white kidney beans or garbanzo beans
Salt to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
EVOO
Splash of red wine vinegar
Mix everything in a bowl and let set for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld
Easy and will be the perfect match with the "no" tomato flatbread!
BTW Georgie you alway have my vote!
Enjoy the Oscars everyone...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and healthy...what a great side. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna for reading and trying my dishes...

    ReplyDelete