Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fresh applesauce with cherries

I made this today to go with the Hoecakes my honey is making shortly.
The apples were so sweet I didnt need any additional sugar.

5 organic fuji apples chopped
1 organic granny smith apple chopped
1/3 cup apple cider (you can just use water if you want)
A heaping tbls of cinnamon (or to taste)
1/2 to 1 tsp ground ginger
1/3 to 1/2 cup dried cherries
Simmer all the Ingredients in a med saucepan over low heat till fruit is soft but still whole.
I used an immersion blender and puréed 3/4 of the way. I like a little texture. Chill for 3 to 4 hours. Perfect with breakfast, as a snack or a side with pork. Using fuji apples was perfect for sweetness with just a hint of tart from the granny smith. Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment