Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beans....not just for burritos anymore!

Black bean burgers. Ok, ok that's what I thought too! Yuck was definitely the word that came to mind, but anyone that knows me knows I LOVE good food and these are delicious even if you aren't a giant black bean eater, which I am not. Let me just say THESE are one of my new favorite things. Sorry I forgot to take a picture, but pretty much they look like a beef burger. Try them I think you'll be surprised!

2 cans organic black beans rinsed and drained
1 large shallot
4 big cloves garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tbls Italian parsley
3 tbls cilantro
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Salt/pepper
1/4 tsp cumin (optional I didnt use)
1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil

In food processor, pulse onion and garlic. Add drained beans and rest of ingredients and continue pulsing until blended. Note: you can leave out 1/2 can of the beans and add the whole beans in with the blended ones but this time I didn't.
Heat oil over med heat. Form "burger patties" and fry till browned and then flip and continue to brown. That it! I made Ron's into a whole burger thing but I just had mine on the side of brown rice/sweet potato/Parmesan mix and it was great. Give them a try...super healthy and a great "meatless" night dinner. Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment